Here are some of my Tweets from the Golden Globes. As you can see, I spent the night wishing for more of the co-hosts, the worship-worthy Tina Fey and Amy Poehler (at left in a FoxNews photo). All Tweets were tagged with #goldenglobes (which I removed from the posts below) and sometimes other snarkiness (which I left in the posts below). I moved a few of them around in the chronology for the purpose of this post.
Enjoy, and see you at the Oscars! (Well, not at the Oscars. But probably online at the Oscars.) - EK
Best Foreign Film
- Question: How do Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger know where to put their ties? I can't tell where their necks are.
- I'm adding "this is a damn surprise" to my list of go-to exclamations. #qt #quentintarantinoftw
- For all his bluster, I think Quentin Tarantino still really loves being part of Hollywood. Like he remembers he's a video clerk made good.
- Need. More. Tina & Amy.
Best Actress, Comedy or Musical
- Loved Amy's canoodling with Clooney during the nominees' announcement.
- Fancy dress. Tats. #girls #lenaftw
- Finding the fact that @lenadunham can't walk in her fancy shoes endearing.
Best Animated Feature
- Cannot hear the music from Brave without saying aloud, "If you could change yer fate, wouldjeh?"
Cecil B. Demille Award
- Robert Downey Jr.: "...so versatile he has played Iron Man in three different movies." Tina, je t'adore.
- Jodie Foster has been so good for so long. She's fabulous, looks great, & she just redundantly came out.
- Jodie Foster's kids Charlie and Kit look like an older and younger version of themselves.
- It actually shouldn't surprise me that Jodie Foster has mastered cloning. She's really smart. #kitandcharlie
- I think Jodie Foster just retired from acting...and made all the women in the audience cry.
Best TV Series, Comedy or Musical
- Thanks to @juddapatow for his championing unique voices like@lenadunham's
- I thought Amy Poehler and Tina Fey were hosting this show...
Best Actor, Drama
- Hey everyone, remember when Bradley Cooper was the lovelorn bestie of Jennifer Garner on #alias? I do.
Best Actress, Drama
- Can you tell Marion Cotillard and Rachel Weisz apart? Maybe the HFPA can't either, split the difference, and picked the redhead?
Best Actor, Drama
- If you look closely at Daniel Day-Lewis, you can watch the contours of his face morphing into Jeremy Irons. He's that good.
- Is Julia Roberts wearing coulats? And is that how you spell coulats? (readers later corrected my spelling to "culottes")
And in conclusion...
- If I ever have to draw a square, I will do so by tracing over a photo of Josh Brolin's jaw.
- The takeaway from tonight: Victor Garber, Jennifer Garner, Bradley Cooper...good #alias representation.
- I want to study lipreading so I can know what #goldenglobes celebs are saying when the camera pans to them right before commercial breaks.
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler - grossly underused tonight. Disappointed.
See y'all in the Oscars tweetstream...