As you know, the cast of the Breakfast Club was supposed to reunite at the MTV Movie Awards, which taped Sunday (and will be broadcast this Thursday, I think...)
Well, what really happened is that Molly, Ally and TonyMike (Anthony Michael) showed up and palled around with Paul Gleason. Emilio and Judd didn't show. But now that she's back on the MTV radar, Molly's announced that she's considering a script for the Sixteen Candles sequel.
Which begs the question: what happened after Jake and Samantha leaned over her belated birthday cake and kissed?
1) They caught fire. I mean, it was the 80s, so there was lots of hair product used to achieve volume. That stuff is extremely flammable. (Or inflammable. Or incontrivertiflammable.)
2) After extinguishing the fire, the new couple tries to make conversation. He says, "It's kinda cool the way you're always looking at me." And she says, "I had this incredibly bizarre dream and you were in it." At that point, the Donger awakens from his hangover with an inexplicable case of the munchies and interrupts the stellar convo: "The Donger need food!"
3) There's awkward silence. Then they order pizza. Which is delivered by a neckbrace-wearing Joan Cusack.
4) Then Blaine, Ducky and John Bender ("I barely knew her") arrive, and there's a four-way cagematch for Molly/Andi/Claire/Samantha's affections. Jake decides he'd rather be a carpenter, and Bender realizes he's got to meet with his parole officer. They leave. Blaine is tired of defending his name (which does sound like a kitchen appliance), so he goes to find the chick from Some Kind of Wonderful, whose name he thinks is "Amana." Eventually, Blaine leaves Amana for a woman he knows only as "Frigidaire."
5) Ducky gets a call from Andrew Clark, who's out with his brother, Charlie. Charlie's got a new TV show that Ducky'd be, well, just ducky for. Ducky explains that this could be his big break, so that audiences will stop seeing him as the gay best friend; he kisses Molly/Andi/Claire/Samantha on her forehead and leaves.
6) Alone again, Molly/Andi/Claire/Samantha plunges her fist into her birthday cake, and begins to eat.
[As music swells..."Don't you...forget about me...Don't, don't, don't don't..."]